Cracked Pot Tour
Sept. 17-18, 2022
1. Potter who makes ceramic screw-on tops & made my water jug = Wm. Selanders, Fox Knoll Pottery (cell 517-896-1581) 15811 Upton Rd., East Lansing (maybe Bath?)
2. Clayworks 13121 Wacousta Rd., Grand Ledge OR the new location is Faith Church 2300 Lake Lansing Rd., Grand Ledge across from Eastwood Towne Center has a nice gallery etc. This is about an hour away on the west side of Lansing. http://www.clayworkspottery.net
3. Huge bird's nest made out of grape vine wreath with three large stoneware speckled eggs in it! Great for the front porch and can be left out year around!!!
4. Metal worker: might contact him to make bird bath stands since he had some at his shop. Lee Kronenberg, 285 E. Sherwood Rd., Williamston, MI. "Artistic Creations Plus" https://www.artisticcreationsplus.com/creations
5. Based on the map below, we do not need to visit # 1, 5, 6, 10, or 11 in 2023. #10 was OK, but maybe not worth revisiting unless we want to see the visiting potter at the site. #5 is Mark Chatterly with the big creepy statues in the dark dungeon like studio. No bueno.
5a.Really nice studios include #7,2, & 8. #2 is the collection of Hobbitt houses where I saw the giant nest.
6. Pottery Throwdown may be held on Friday night and we should attend in 2023.